The Hazardous Waste (England and Wales) Regulations of 2005 include a range of new regulations and controls. When it comes to hazardous waste removal, MCM is always on top of the latest laws and regulations so you can always count on us to provide accurate and reliable advice.
Hazardous Waste Removal
Hazardous waste services we offer include:
- Asbestos contaminated removal
- Asbestos removal in soil below 0.01
- Asbestos removal in soil above 0.01
- Asbestos fragment removal
- Coal tar removal
- Hazardous PAH contaminated waste
- Japanese Knotweed removal
- Japanese Knotweed Contaminated waste removal
- Site testing
- Coal Tar detection service
Can I mix waste products?
Current regulations prohibit the mixing of contaminated waste, hazardous and non-hazardous waste. Producers must segregate wastes wherever possible to ensure that they are fully compliant with the latest regulations.
Key Points: Removal and recycling of your site waste
To ensure that you are adhering to all legal regulations when it comes to hazardous waste disposal, there are a number of key points to consider.
- There has been a change in the definition of hazardous waste whereby the European Waste Catalogue codes are applied
- Hazardous waste producers need to pre-register before hazardous waste can be removed and it is now an offence for hazardous waste to be removed from a site that has not been registered
- Hazardous and non-hazardous waste cannot be mixed
- A consignment note is required every time hazardous waste removal takes place and each note should feature a unique reference number
- Registered sites are subject to an Environment Agency inspection
- Registered sites must keep a register of all waste movement.
For more information about contaminated waste and hazardous waste disposal and to find out how MCM can help you with the process, please don’t hesitate to contact us online or phone 0845 053 34 54 and a member of our team will be happy to help.