The Place? Grosvenor House, Park Lane. The Event? The 43rd BALI National Landscape Awards 2019. The Result? A fantastic culmination of a very successful year in landscaping supply. The Reason? A chance to raise a glass or two to celebrate our Award win in the Affiliate Exceptional Service Category and our Sponsorship of the Regeneration Scheme >£500K with winners Blakedown Landscapes.
The annual Awards are organised and promoted by the British Association of Landscape Industries (BALI) at the event that took place on Friday 6 December 2019. They celebrate the skills, hard work, quality, commitment and successes of BALI Registered members and are the largest landscape Awards in Europe. They recognise excellence in landscape design, construction and maintenance both in the UK and overseas, as well as awarding Employer Excellence and Affiliate Exceptional Service – and that’s us!
The judge’s feedback was that the quality and comprehensive content of the MMCM Award Submission was clear, concise and had good supporting evidence.
“A worthy winner, congratulations to all concerned” – BALI Judging Panel
WINNER Regeneration Project £500K+: Blakedown Landscapes SE
MCM also reinforced their BALI membership support as they once again took the stage as Sponsors in the category “Regeneration Scheme over £500,000”. Both award winners, Talbot Farm Landscapes and Blakedown Landscapes, had submitted exceptional projects. The Principal Winner Award was presented by MCM’s Managing Director Shazna Ali to Blakedown for their Great Yarmouth Borough Council Venetian Waterways project. The scheme also received a Special Award for ‘Best Community involvement’ at the Awards.
Award-winning projects with MCM topsoils and aggregates
Our involvement didn’t stop there. As well as working with 12 other 2019 BALI Award winners this year on landscaping and construction projects, we had direct involvement in FIVE of this year’s Award Winning schemes, including TWO Principal Award Winners:
- Domestic Garden Construction – Between £100k – £250k: Winner Verde Landscapes – Supply of soils and aggregates; waste removal
- Domestic Garden Construction – Over £250k: Principal Winner LDC – Supply of soils and aggregates; waste removal
- Hard Landscaping Construction (non-domestic) – Over £500k: Winner Frosts Landscapes – Supply of Type 1 primary aggregates; waste removal
- Hard Landscaping Construction (non-domestic) – Over £500k: Winner Blakedown Landscapes – Supply of crushed concrete and sharp sand; waste removal
- Registered Designer & Registered Contractor Joint Submission: Principal Winner Landform Consultants – Grab supply of Type 1, sharp sand; waste removal
For MCM, attending with members of the Sales and Marketing team, this event was a chance to celebrate with and congratulate some of their clients and associates who have been involved with the company this year and in their 25 year history. A resounding success for all involved.